Friday, February 8, 2013

I've done it! I've applied!

So the Disney College Program applications went up this morning, and after having a miniature panic attack I managed to successfully fill out my application!
Now for those of you who don't know the Disney College Program is like an internship (without the title intern). Disney hires college students to take a semester and work for them. They provide housing and training and even offer extra classes like Disney History that some colleges will accept for their credits!

I have been planning on applying for the college programs since I first read about it in the summer of 2011, and I wanted to wait to apply until i was finishing up my A.A. degree but after transferring school last semester and starting a new program I was tired of waiting so I applied now!
It felt a little like this:

The Application felt really stressful, but it was actually really simple There 4 steps to Disney's Application process.

Step 1: The standard application. You provide you name address and social security number and information like this. Disney will also give you a list of roles to choose from and you rate your interest level on a scale of High Interest, Moderate Interest, Low Interest of No Interest.
Step 2. The Web Based Interview (WBI). The WBI is like a giant personality quiz  it asks you how well you do things and how you like them. Questions such as working in groups vs alone, to how would you handle an employee doing something wrong? There is a scale such as Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree questions  like that. Again very stressful because if the questions don't match up to what they want you can be rejected here.
Step 3.  Phone Interview. This is when you will interact directly with a Disney recruiter. They'll ask a variety of questions about the roles you chose, your past work experience and all sorts of other questions! This is the last step that involves answering any questions.
Step 4. Your fate! You'll get an e-mail with the final decision. This decision can come after weeks of holding a pending status or just a few days of finishing step 3. But there's no doubt this step could change your life!


I am currently waiting for step 3. I have my phone interview scheduled for Tuesday at 3pm and I can't wait!
I am confident that I have what it takes to be a Disney CP but I just have to prove that to my recruiter.

Wish me luck!

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. I did not know such thing exist. This is awesome, and so is the picture you included. FREEEEEE!!! Sounds like so much fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete