Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fashion

I'm not really a huge fashion forward person, in fact I have a closet overflowing with clothes, but I prefer to ware the same outfits every week (after being cleaned of course) but I was invited to do a Fashion Show at the Dakota High School in Macomb Michigan last week to represent the Rock Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, so of course I did!
I had the honor of getting my hair and makeup done which looked like this:
I was also given a Tony Bowls dress from his Paris collection to wear for the evening.
I co-hosted the event with a girl who was from the school and I also sang "She Will be Loved" by Maroon 5 (Video not yet available). It was a wonderful event for a charity that is very near and dear to my heart!
It was the first time I stood onstage at a charity event and represent not only myself but the disease I have, it's something I hope to do more of in the future.
While the speech I gave that night could have been better, I am proud of myself for being apart of the event and so honored to have been invited!
The dresses was loaned to me from Joani's Fashions in Shelby Township MI.
The ladies there were nothing but kind and polite and helpful! I appreciate them for going out of there to support the cause and dress many of the ladies that graced the catwalk that evening!


2 comments:

  1. How inspiring. I don't consider myself very fashionable either. I just wear what I want to wear. The floor length dress looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete