Wednesday, February 13, 2013

bed rest?

Well i'm on bed rest until i go to class Monday. I had an appointment with my doctor today and he's really concerned with my health i am not to be getting out of bed unless I absolutely need something.
What am I supposed to do in bed for four day?
I admit I have been super tired lately so the rest will probably do me good.

I start IV antibiotics tomorrow, i am on a different medication so they want the home care nurse to "teach" me how to infuse it and watch me to make sure I don't have a bad reaction to it. I'll be on them for 2-4 weeks depending on how I feel each week, and I'm not rushing it! Normally i try to get off them as soon as possible, but not anymore!

My PFT was lower than it has been in a really long time it was 33%, which is down 8% from the last time I was sick in December. My PFT's haven't been this low since i was 7-8 years old and after that my Doctor sent me to a lung transplant doctor in St. Louis. I was taken off the lung transplant list 2 years ago, hopefully I can stay off it! It's made me nervous but I am sure all will be well!

Wish me luck!


Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment