Friday, December 13, 2013

Health Update

I am happy to say that after being on IV antibiotics for 4 weeks, today will be my last day. It has been a month of ups and downs, but it is relieving to be at the end of this jaunt. I was on two different IV medications Ceftazidime and Colistimethate both every 8 hours. The medications aren't so bad, but they tend to make me quite nauseous and tired, and when you're already sick it is exhausting.
I am looking forward to begin a job search once my meds are finished and start working out again. I plan on running a 10 mile in October and it is never to early to start training and practicing!
I am hoping that exercise will help my PFT's (Pulmonary Function Test) increase. My numbers before IV antibiotics were around 36%, which is down 10% from my last test. My PFT's don't normally increase after IV antibiotics, it usually takes an additional month before I see an increase.
My energy levels haven't quite gotten back to normal yet, but hopefully now that the meds are finished I can get back to my baseline maybe even do a little better then that!

Want to know more about Cystic Fibrosis check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment