Friday, September 13, 2013

I met a Disney Legend

After spending 2 1/2 hours in line Wednesday morning and being turned away because he ran out of time I finally got to meet Disney Legend Marty Sklar at Downtown Disney Art of Animation shop in the Market Place. I must say it was magical! I'll admit i've only gotten through half of the book so far, but his accomplishments are unparalleled to any other Disney imagineer or Disney Legend! Marty's book "Dream It! Do It!" is about his journey through the Disney company and along side the Disney family. Marty had personal relationships with Walt and Roy Disney through out his life and the stories he has to tell truly put the Disney spirit into perspective!
Before meeting Marty in true fangirl fashion I had a list of questions and things to say, but it all went out the window when I walked up to him and he said Hello and asked me where I was from. I told him that I was from Michigan recalling that he spent quite a time up there in my neck of the woods with Walt working with a handful of businesses GM and Ford being one of them. He proceeded to ask me how it was there and I told him that it could probably be better, but they were working on trying to get everything sorted and fixed. He said at least it isn't cold yet.
I do wish that I had mentioned I was a cast member and I had big dreams in the company, but I was a bit starstruck. Maybe in the future I'll be on the list of Disney Legends right next to Marty Sklar.

No comments:

Post a Comment