Thursday, November 21, 2013

The best last day ever! (Part 1)

My last day at Disney was Saturday November 16th and it was one of the best days I think I've ever had! I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted to spend my day, a few rides I wanted to hit and of course some quality friend time!
Our first stop for the day was to the Magic Kingdom with my friend Kayla. The first thing we did was hit up Space Mountain for a Fast Pass. Then we headed back behind the castle and rode the Haunted Mansion. After we got off that we headed over to Jungle I mean the renovated Jingle Cruise to grab a fast pass. After that is was back across the main hub where we stopped for a selfie in front of the castle:
We then continued on our way back through Tomorrowland to Space Mountain! Using our handy dandy fast passes the wait for Space Mountain wasn't to long at all. After we got off Space Mountain we met up with two of our other friends and headed back to the center of the hub for a group picture in front of the castle. After 3 months we hadn't taken one of those pictures yet!
After that Kayla had to head off to work, so Hillary, Jen and I walked around the castle and just hung out for a bit. At 1:20 I had to leave them and meet up with my friend and co-worker Blythe for lunch at Cinderellas Royal Table! It is nearly impossible to get a reservation there.  After taking our picture with Cinderella we were called up stairs to sit at our table. At Cinderellas Royal Table you prepay when you make your reservation, but you get a 3 course meal. The starter is a tray containing cheese, hummus and a salad. I'll admit i wasn't a huge fan of it, but my main course was a roasted chicken with a risotto and shallot confit.

Let me tell you, that was delicious! The risotto wasn't very warm when it came out, but the chicken combined with the shallot confit was absolutely amazing! Just looking at the picture is making me hungry for more! When it came to Dessert, I couldn't help but get the special which is called "The Clock Strikes Twelve" a Chocolate cake topped with a white chocolate mousse, covered in chocolate.
I mean who in their right mind wouldn't order that?
I am not a big chocolate eater, but this was one of the best desserts I've eaten in a long time. The cake was really thin, and the mousse was really light and fluffy. It was amazing!
After taking some pictures with some princesses (Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine and Snow White), Wishing on our Wishing Stars, and some photos of the restaurant we headed to back onto the streets of Fantasyland.
We made a quick stop at Mickey's Philharmagic because that is one of my favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom and the wait was 10 minutes which is code for walk on.

We then head back over to Adventure land because one of the things on my list was to take a trip on the Jingle Cruise!
We had to wait in the stand by line because my previous fast passes has already expired, but we had a lot of fun chatting and enjoying the holiday decor while we waited, and it was all worth it for the corniest holiday jokes!

After that we headed back up to the Main Street USA where I made a stop in a shop to buy myself a Disney Dooney and Burke bag. After that we hopped on the monorail and went back to the contemporary and hopped on a bus to Hollywood Studio's.

This concludes part 1 of the Best Last Day ever, Part 2 will be posted pictures and all Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment